During our orientation session, our group of Scholars established a set of common ground rules that will govern our interactions with one another over the course of the year.
Scholars Ground Rules 2013
How do we create a group culture that is rigorous, supportive, exciting, and collaborative?
- Be timely.
- Positive energy and outlook, keeping an open mind.
- Be able to be critical but don’t be competitive.
- Absorb and enjoy the experience.
- Mutual Respect: Encourage, support, and value one another.
- Be actively engaged in the program: be honest, ask questions, take initiative, connect outside of meetings.
- Make connections: take advantage of the network of University Scholars and reach out to the greater community.
- Acknowledge and honor each scholar’s diverse experiences and backgrounds.