University Health and Counseling Services provides support to help you stop smoking and stay smoke-free. Individual medical and/or behavioral health visits are available to students.
NUSHP offers additional smoking cessation options to students enrolled in the plan.
Click here for a summary of smoking cessation options available to students.
Ready To Quit! is a new program developed to offer students a personalized smoking cessation plan. Interested in starting Ready To Quit!? Complete an assessment form on line and UHCS will contact you to set up an appointment.
What can I expect if I decide to participate in the Ready To Quit! program?
- An initial meeting with a medical provider to develop a partnership and discuss a personalized smoking cessation plan. This may include nicotine replacement products or medications offered free of charge for participants in the program.
- Encouraging text messaging that gives you support to remain tobacco free.
- Weekly follow-up phone calls and coaching meetings twice a month with a registered nurse.
- Monthly follow-up meetings with a medical provider to support you in your progress.
- Opportunity to meet with a behavioral health therapist for concerns about quitting.
Learn more about Ready To Quit! by reviewing the brochure.