What is ViSION?
ViSION is the Violence Support, Intervention and Outreach Network at Northeastern. ViSION brings together a network of campus and community allies focused on providing prevention, response and education for sexual assault and all types of violence, for Northeastern students.
What does ViSION offer?
- Training and education in prevention and response to sexual assault, interpersonal violence, stalking, and hate crimes
- Access to immediate and confidential medical and counseling services
- Referral to compassionate and skilled legal services
- Public awareness presentations
- Assistance and support in planning for your campus organization's sexual assault and other violence awareness
What to Expect from ViSION's On-Campus Allies
- Assessment and treatment of physical injury;
- Pregnancy assessment and prevention;
- Evaluation, treatment, and prevention of sexually transmitted infections;
- Psychological assessment and support;
- Individual therapy and referrals to clinicians in the community;
- Urgent appointments;
- Consultations for individuals and campus support.
- Provides no-contact orders throughout the disciplinary process and afterward as appropriate;
- All cases are treated confidentially;
- No student will be charged with an alcohol violation as a result of a complaint of a sexual assault;
- An informational meeting with a OSCCR staff is available to discuss any complaint.
- Temporary safe room or permanent change of room assignment, if necessary, following trauma;
- An accused student may be temporarily or permanently banned from a residence hall pending the outcome of an investigation;
- Referral to campus resources.
- Full investigation of reported cases of violence and sexual assault by specially trained officers;
- Medical attention, including transportation to an area hospital;
- Information about criminal prosecution and University disciplinary alternatives;
- Detectives will accompany survivors to all court sessions both on and off campus;
- Detective assistance in obtaining a restraining order through the court system, if appropriate;
- Referral to counseling services both on and offf campus;
- Presentations on violence and sexual assault awareness by specially trained public safety staff upon request.