Access to Care
Who can use the health center:
- All undergraduate students
- All law school students
- Graduate students who have either enrolled in the Student Health Plan or have paid the health center fee
- All other eligible students who have paid the health center fee
- Students in special programs by prior arrangement
Health Center Holds
- A student will have a Health Center hold if the student has failed to provide complete documentation of immunizations in accordance with Massachusetts state law.
- Deadline for providing this information are as follows: the end of June for undergraduate students entering in the following Fall; the beginning of December for undergraduate students entering in the following Spring; one month prior to the beginning of a Graduate student or Law student’s program.
- Health Center holds will prevent students from registering for an upcoming semester. The Health Center hold also will prevent a student's ability to complete "I Am Here”.
- For questions about blocks due to state mandated immunity requirements, please call 617-373-2772 or email UHCS general email box at UHCS@neu.edu
We are committed to responding promptly to your needs. We have:
- Extended hours: We are open 8 a.m. Monday to Friday; we remain open until 8 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- Saturday hours: 12noon to 4 pm. **We are closed on Saturdays during the Summer terms.
- Open access scheduling: we see patients for all medical problems within a week
- Same day, urgent behavioral health assessment.
- Patient Associates with responsibility only to answer phones to schedule appointments
For easier access:
- Check your demographic profile (address, phone number etc) on your student portal before coming -- and update when information changes!
- Use our website to get information on required immunizations or for requesting your medical records