Implications of MLOA
- Grades for semester/quarter: Students on a medical leave of absence receive all “W” (withdrawal) on their transcript for the semester/quarter.
- Tuition Credit: The University’s leave policy states that all tuition charged for the term in which the leave has been granted will be held by the University and applied toward future tuition charges in the same academic program. Outstanding balances (including unpaid balances) for the academic term in which the leave is taken are still due to the University. For more information, contact students accounts at 617-373-2270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loans and Repayment: Click here for more information. Financial aid recipients must contact their financial aid counselor to understand the effects on aid received.
- Access on campus: Students on a medical leave of absence will no longer have access using their Husky Card to the Marino Center, Library, Dining services, Res Halls, etc. Students are not to be participating in student groups while on medical leave.
- On campus housing: Once a medical leave of absence is approved, students are asked to leave the residence halls within 24-48 hours. Students must check out with their residence director before leaving.
- VISA status: All international students on a medical leave of absence should speak with the International Student and Scholar Institute (ISSI).
- Health Plan: Students enrolled in the Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP) will remain enrolled in the plan through August 31st of the academic year. Students who had coverage under NUSHP after March 31st are eligible to purchase one more year of coverage if their leave extends into the fall of a new school year. For more information contact the insurance coordinator at email@example.com or 617-373-8007.