If a student informs a Responsible Employee that they:
- do not want their identity shared with the accused;
- do not want the University to investigate;
- do not want disciplinary action be taken against the accused,
please be informed that:
- While you as a Responsible Employee are required to report the information you received to the Title IX Coordinator, their request for confidentiality will be reviewed in order to determine whether there is a risk of serious harm to the affected party or to any member of the University community.
- The University will seek to honor a student’s request to the extent it can do so consistent with its obligation to provide a safe and non-discriminatory learning, living, and working environment for all members of the University community.
Northeastern’s primary goal is to ensure the safety and well-being of the student as well as the entire community. Our Responsible Employees and students should know that there are many resources available to those impacted by sex or gender-based discrimination, including confidential resources at the University and in the local community.