This checklist is intended to highlight important actions you need to take during your first 30 days at Northeastern. If at any point you have questions, please contact your department head or manager, your department’s administrator and/or the Customer Service Center of Human Resources Management, 617.373.2230. No question is too big or too small. We look forward to working with you as you join the Northeastern community.
[download as PDF]
- Sign and return offer letter and attached forms
- Review Northeastern’s competitive and comprehensive benefits and begin to identify the selections that will best meet your needs.
- Orient yourself to Northeastern’s metro-Boston campuses and maps and graduate campuses
- Review commuting options, including public transportation and parking options
- Bring required I-9 documents
- Meet with department head or manager to review expectations; determine access to Northeastern’s systems and resources which are essential to your role
- Meet individuals in your immediate area and learn about their roles at the university
- Establish your myNEU account; click here to learn how to establish your myNEU account. The account provides access to key services.
- To learn more about myNEU and Employee Self-Service, please view this brief instructional demonstration
- Using Employee Self-Service, accessed through myNEU, complete all required information including home address, race and ethnicity, veterans status, emergency contact information, campus address, mail-stop and extension. Northeastern uses this information to alert you to emergencies such as winter storms. It is your responsibility to keep your information current
- Using Employee Self-Service, please consent to receive and eW-2 and review your tex information.
- Obtain Husky Card
- Create email signature in Outlook [Outlook > File > Options > Mail > Signatures]
Include: Name, Title, Department, Northeastern University, Mailstop, Email Address, Office Phone Number, and Cell Phone Number if necessary
- Set up voicemail(s)
- Review benefit options and required actions
First 30 Days
- Attend New Hire Orientation within two weeks of hire date
- Complete training by clicking here and scrolling to the Required Online Training section
- Northeastern University is committed to promoting a safe, collegial, and healthy environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. As part of this commitment, Northeastern has developed University polices which are available here. Please review them during your first 30 days. University Policies
- Finalize benefit selections and submit completed benefit enrollment form to: Human Resources Management, Mail Stop: CP 250, fax: 617.373.7610
- If applicable, complete the Retirement Plan and Disability Waiver form
- Sign up for public transportation commuter pass available for all systems in the U.S. using MyNEU; for pro-rated parking at Northeastern in Boston, enroll through MyNEU. If you have questions about parking, contact the Parking Office: 617.373.7010.
- Review your paystub information in Employee Self-Service accessed through MyNEU
- Join Healthy You, a program that encourages you to invest in your health while earning up to $400 a year. Sign up for the Healthy You VirginPulse program: join.virginpulse.com/northeastern¨
For more information, please contact Human Resources Management, 617.373.2230 M-F, 8am - 5pm EST or via email at HRMInfo@neu.edu