AUCKLAND: University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
- Fall Semester - Mid July - Mid November (Semester 2)
- Spring Semester - Late February - Late June (Semester 1)
- Fall Semester - March 15
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Katherine Pruess (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program, on the north island of New Zealand, allows students to live and study in a cosmopolitan city with picturesque harbors, mountains, lakes, parks, and beaches just a short distance from the university. Students spend either the summer/fall or the spring/summer terms at the University of Auckland. The courses are offered mostly in the Arts & Sciences, but there are a variety of disciplines from which to choose. Students will also have access to all campus resources, including e-mail, campus activities, library facilities, and sports clubs.
Students enroll in 60 points (usually 4 courses). In general, you may select from Auckland's entire course catalog. However, certain subjects are not open to study abroad students, or have only limited spots available. Please carefully read the study guide before choosing your courses. Any course with prerequisites will require an enrolment concession.
Some syllabi for selected subjects are available online:
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's largest university with 24,000 students. It is located in the heart of the city and offers many big city attractions such as theater, recreation, sports, pubs, and restaurants.
Program FAQs (2015) - note that you should apply for this program following the directions below
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 2.8 (note: applicants with a GPA under 3.0 must complete additional application requirements - see below for details)
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Completed online OISP application
- University of Auckland online application (please read the Step-by-step guide for study abroad students carefully before starting)
- 1 passport-sized photo
- 2 copies of passport ID page (1 copy must be certified/notarized)
- Official transcript
- For students with a GPA below 3.0: letter of recommendation from a faculty member or instructor
Please submit the following directly to OISP:
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016: $22,660
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($22,310), and International Security and Emergency Support ($350). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Students who study abroad at Auckland have many different options from which to choose. You may apply for University-managed residences which include, as stated on the Auckland website :
- A safe, comfortable and fun place to live.
- Internet access in bedrooms.
- Membership of the University Recreation Centre.
- Located within easy walking distance of the City Campus, as well as many of Auckland’s main attractions.
- Meet other students and make life-long friends.
- Quality assured accommodation standards.
- Please note that your Study Abroad Coordinator will be contacting you about your Housing Selection after the Application Deadline.
For more information on accommodations, please see Auckland's accommodation website.