AUCKLAND: University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
- Fall Semester - Mid July - Mid November
- Spring Semester - late February - late June
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Daisy Biddle (email@example.com)
This program, on the north island of New Zealand, allows students to live and study in a cosmopolitan city with picturesque harbors, mountains, lakes, parks, and beaches just a short distance from the university. Students spend either the summer/fall or the spring/summer terms at the University of Auckland. The courses are offered mostly in the Arts & Sciences, but there are a variety of disciplines from which to choose. Students will also have access to all campus resources, including e-mail, campus activities, library facilities, and sports clubs.
For course information, please see Auckland Course Catalogue.
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's largest university with 24,000 students. It is located in the heart of the city and offers many big city attractions such as theater, recreation, sports, pubs, and restaurants.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Completed online OISP application
- University of Auckland online application -http://www.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/home/about/apply-now-page/ (Please indicate COPOS for study abroad student)
- Instructions of how to apply: How to Apply Guide
Please submit the following directly to OISP:
- 1 passport-sized photo
- Certified (notarized) copy of passport ID page
- Official transcript
- 1 Faculty/Instructor letter of recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport ID Page
Fall 2014 or Spring 2015: $21,367
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($21,267), and 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance ($100). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Students who study abroad at Auckland have many different options to choose from. You may apply for University-managed residences which include, as stated on the Auckland website :
- A safe, comfortable and fun place to live.
- Internet access in bedrooms.
- Membership of the University Recreation Centre.
- Located within easy walking distance of the City Campus, as well as many of Auckland’s main attractions.
- Meet other students and make life-long friends.
- Quality assured accommodation standards.
Auckland strongly recommends that you apply for your place in a residence when you submit your Study Abroad as places are not guaranteed, although the University does try to fill all accommodation requests.
For more information on accommodations, please see the Auckland Accommodation Guide: http://ebooks.accommodation.auckland.ac.nz/accommodation_guide_2014/ or the Accommodation Website: http://www.accommodation.auckland.ac.nz/en.html