MELBOURNE: Swinburne University of Technology
- Fall Semester - late July to late November (Semester 2)
- Spring Semester - late February to mid-June (Semester 1)
- Fall Semester - March 15
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Katherine Pruess (email@example.com)
This program is ideal for any student from any major interested in studying abroad in the large metropolitan city of Melbourne, Australia.
Contact a Study Abroad Ambassador or alum of this program for more information!
- Lyda Sallaway, Swinburne Spring 2013; firstname.lastname@example.org
Study abroad students may choose from many different subjects at Swinburne, including the social sciences, business, entrepreneurship, management, design, engineering, health and community services, hospitality and tourism, and information technology. For a complete list, please see What subjects can I choose on Swinburne's Study options page.
- Business courses: please consult with the study abroad coordinator as there is a separate approval process for business coursework taken abroad
- Engineering majors: please see Joy Erb in 220 Snell Engineering
To search for courses, please follow the instructions for Step 2: Develop your Swinburne study plan on Swinburne's How to apply page.
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
Swinburne University of Technology has been educating students for almost 100 years. We have grown into a multidisciplined, multi-campus institution with more than 22,600 students in 2006, including 5,500 international students from around the world. Swinburne's strengths are built around a solid technology base and influential links to industry, plus ground-breaking specialist research centres. We have a flexible and forward-thinking understanding of international government, education and business priorities, and are responsive to the changing needs of industry.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 2.6
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Completed online OISP application
- Completed Swinburne application form, including study plan (available under Step 3: Fill out the application form of Swinburne's How to apply page)
- Official transcript
- Copy of passport ID page (for non-US citizens, please also include a copy of your US visa or green card)
- Portfolio (only for students who are applying for design and film & TV units)
Please submit the following directly to OISP (either electronic or paper copies):
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016: $TBD
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($TBD), and International Security and Emergency Support ($350). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
UniLodge @ Swinburne Place: Students live in 2, 3, or 4-person apartments on the Hawthorne campus. Each student apartment is stylishly furnished, has a fully equipped kitchen, an open plan living / dining area, television, telephone and built in heater. Every bedroom in this student accommodation facility has a large study desk with high speed internet connection. There are also common study areas where you can work with other students on group assignments. There are also spacious student lounge areas, as well as outdoor terraces and barbecue area. Students have single rooms within the apartment.
Swinburne is based in Melbourne, Australia's 2nd largest city. Two of our Higher Education campuses - Hawthorn and Prahran - are situated in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne, just a short train ride away from the central business district. Our Lilydale campus is in the outer east of Melbourne with a direct transport link to the city centre. Melbourne is recognized as one of the world's most liveable cities and Australia's cultural, culinary and sporting capital. Swinburne's Hawthorn and Prahan campuses are set in the lively, cosmopolitan inner eastern suburbs and our Lilydale campus overlooks the beautiful Lilydale Lake and is close to the Yarra Valley. All campuses have easy access to the city centre.