Sao Paulo: Alternative Energy Technology and Brazilian Culture (Closed)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Summer 2 Semester - July 1- August 2, 2013
- Summer 2 Semester - Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and program may fill at any time. Final deadline – January 24.
Faculty Leader: Courtney Pfluger (email@example.com)
Study Abroad Coordinator: Colleen Boyle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information Session: Wednesday November 13th in 268 Snell Engineering at 5pm
Courses: GE1201 Alternative Energy Technologies Abroad & INTL4944 Dialogue of Civilizations - Regional Engagement: Brazilian Culture
Learn about the different types of alternative energy technologies in the country that sources over 80% of its electricity by renewable technologies. We will be visiting multiple renewable energy sites and will be meeting industrial leaders who pioneered these technologies in Brazil. You will be immersed in the Brazilian culture while learning about innovative alternative energy technologies.
- GE1201 Alternative Energy Technologies Abroad
- INTL4944 Dialogue of Civilizations - Regional Engagement: Brazilian Culture
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- There are no course per-requisites needed for participation
- An interview with the faculty leader will be required after application
- Online Dialogue of Civilizations application (available on OISP website)
- Unofficial transcript which you can download and print from MyNEU
- One copy of passport ID page – To be given directly to your faculty leader after acceptance.
- 2-3 page essay answering the following questions:
- What are your personal and academic reasons for wishing to participate in this Dialogue of Civilizations program?
- How will the program further your academic and career goals?
- What is your previous travel and language experience, if any?
- What courses have you taken which are directly relevant to the program?
**Faculty may require additional information and/or interview (after application deadline)
**Please note that prior to 11/15/12 your unofficial transcript and essay should be handed in to OISP. After 11/15/12, please send them directly to your faculty leaderSchedule Appointment →
DOC Fee: $2,500
Tuition and DOC Fee cover 8 Northeastern credits, round-trip airfare from Boston, housing for program duration, International SOS assistance, as well as some local transport, excursions and group meals.