MELBOURNE: Monash University
- Fall Semester - late June-November
- Spring Semester - mid February - late June
- Fall Semester - *Please note earlier deadline.* March 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Katherine Pruess (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program offers students an opportunity to live and study in Boston's sister city of Melbourne. Students may spend either the summer/fall or spring/summer terms at Monash University, located approximately 1 hour from downtown Melbourne. Courses are offered in a variety of Arts & Sciences disciplines, and the library and computer centers contain some of the newest technology available. Students may also take advantage of the numerous campus activities such as sports and social clubs, professional theater, and the city life in downtown Melbourne.
Students may choose from Monash University's entire course catalog. Courses taken abroad may satisfy college and departmental core requirements. Students should consult with their advisor to discuss the specific requirements that may be satisfied abroad.
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
Monash University is one of Australia's most important international centers of research and scholarship. Monash has about 25,000 students and about 1,500 live on campus. The university's Student Union is a major center for social and sporting activities, with many organizations, cinemas, theaters, shops, and cafeterias. Students are encouraged to join in the social activities, clubs, and athletic events, which are an important part of university life.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Completed online OISP application
- Monash Study Abroad Application
Please submit the following directly to OISP:
- Official Transcript
- Evidence of TOEFL/IELTS for non-native Speakers of English
- Photocopy of Passport ID Page
- One passport photo
- Completed application for On-Campus housing - application fee is required (should students withdraw after acceptance, they will be responsible for the application fee) 2 passport photos will be required during housing check-in
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016: $22,660
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($22,310), and International Security and Emergency Support ($350). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Students live in Halls of Residence, traditional campus housing with Australian and other visiting international students. Students live in single rooms, with linen provided, and shared bathrooms. Meals are served in a common dinning room and students are responsible for this meal plan fee, in addition to the housing fee.
Monash University, located in the southeast corner of Australia, is about 1 hour from downtown Melbourne. Public transportation is readily accessible and efficient. The city of Melbourne has a European feeling, with sidewalk cafes, distinctive ethnic neighborhoods, fine arts, and an emphasis on sporting events.