SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS: CEA
Sophia Antipolis, France
- Fall Semester - September - December
- Spring Semester - January - May
- Fall Semester - March 15
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Daisy Biddle (email@example.com)
Third party provider programs focusing on 1) science and engineering; 2) business and communications; 3) liberal arts and social sciences and 4) French language and culture
Students will take four courses for a total of 16 NU credits. Course information can be found at http://www.gowithcea.com/programs/france/sophia_antipolis/programs.html.
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
- A distinction among France’s universities, courses are offered in English in a wide variety of hard to find disciplines such as engineering, science, technology and business
- Recognized by the French Ministry of Education, the European Quality Improvement System and the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce
- Semester, year and summer programs available
Centre International d'Antibes
- The Centre International d'Antibes (CIA), founded in 1985, is considered to be one of the best French language teaching centers of all universities in France
- Recognized by the French Ministry of National Education
- Summer programs available
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 2.5
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Programs are intended for all language levels but some courses are taught in French and require prior knowledge of the language.
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016: $TBD
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($TBD), and International Security and Emergency Support ($350). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
CEA offers the housing options listed below in the French Riviera. Every attempt will be made to match each student's preferences with our housing options; however, housing preferences cannot be guaranteed as roommate and housing assignments are based upon availability, date of confirmation, and other factors. We encourage you to apply early as it will assist us in organizing your housing arrangements.
Located in the south of France on the Mediterranean Sea, the French Riviera is at the crossroads of Italy, the Alps, Monaco and Provence. It is one of the most stunningly beautiful areas of the country, boasting a sub-tropical climate, sandy beaches, vineyards, and an average of 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Make great contacts in Sophia Antipolis, the first European Science and Technology Park built in the image of Silicon Valley
- Attend classes where more than 1,200 companies in high-tech, biosciences and service industries have their headquarters and research facilities
- Take advantage of modern, fully-furnished apartment accommodations in Antibes-Juan-Les-Pins, located less than 10 miles from both Nice and Cannes
- Tap the Riviera's electricity as you study in the city that hosts such star-spectacled events as Cannes Film Festival, Nice Carnival and Monaco Grand Prix