GOLD COAST: Bond University
Gold Coast, Australia
- Fall Semester - Early September - Mid December
- Spring Semester - Early January - Late April
- Summer Full - Early May - Mid August
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
- Summer Full - February 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Katherine Pruess (email@example.com)
Bond University, located on the Gold Coast of Australia (one hour from Brisbane), offers students an opportunity to live and study with other Australian and international students at the first private university in Australia. Bond has a student population of only 2,600 and a student/faculty ratio of only 10:1. This allows students to receive personal attention from its faculty and interact closely with the entire college community.
Students are encouraged to partake in the multitude of activities both on and off-campus. Bond offers students courses in many Arts & Sciences disciplines. The Semester at Bond is purposely scheduled to be compatible with the academic calendar of "American, European, and Asian" universities.
- Semester (fall, spring, and full summer) : Students enroll in 4 classes for a total of 16 NU credits. Students will choose classes based on the relevant semester catalogue. For a course catalog at Bond University, reference this website: http://apps.bond.edu.au/subjects/
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
Bond University is a private institution offering small classes, individualized attention, and a broad perspective on international issues. More than 50 percent of its student population is from overseas. The academic program includes Schools of Business, Humanities, Information Technology, Law, and Social Sciences. The University is strongly committed to being on the cutting edge of technology.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 2.5
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- First come, first serve basis.
- Completed online OISP application
- Bond University Online Application: Online Application
Please submit the following directly to OISP:
- Official transcript (uploaded to Bond application and turned into OISP)
- Personal statement
- Faculty/Instructor Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport ID Page
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016: $TBD
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($TBD), and International Security and Emergency Support ($350). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Full Summer 2013: $19,935
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($ 19,660), and International Security and Emergency Support ($275). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Students live with other Bond students in a combination of dormitory and hotel style accommodations. The rooms are fully serviced and cleaned weekly. Students may also choose to live in single rooms with a shared bathroom, for an additional upgrade fee. Students are responsible for this housing single upgrade. A ten meal per week plan is required as part of the on-campus housing and students will be financially responsible for this fee.