- Fall Semester - late August - mid December
- Spring Semester - mid January - mid May
- Summer 2 Semester - June- August, exact dates TBD
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Summer 2 Semester - March 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Daisy Biddle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Polish Language and Culture: API students attend courses at the Jagiellonian University of Krakow's School of Polish Language and Culture. All students are REQUIRED to take a Polish language course during the summer session. Language classes are taught in Polish and most culture courses are taught in English. Some culture courses are taught in Polish for advanced students. All courses are taken with other American and international students. The number of credits per course vary and are indicated in parentheses after the course title.
- Fall/Spring Semester: Students enroll in 4 courses, earning 16 NU credits
- Summer Semester: Students enroll in 2 courses, earning 8 NU credits
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 2.75
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Completed online OISP application
- Completed API application
- University Contact Information Form (available once API online application completed)
- Official Transcript
- Course Pre-registration Form (indicate alternate courses as well)
- One letter of recommendation
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Statement of Purpose
- Photocopy of Passport ID Page
- Students must pay the $150 application fee (due upon submission of the application) and the $400 confirmation payment (due approximately 2 weeks after acceptance) directly to API. These payments will then be applied to the total cost of program lodging and insurance. These payments are necessary to guarantee your commitment and place on the program.
Fall 2013 or Spring 2014: $20,490
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits ($20,390), and 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance ($100). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Summer 2 2013: $9,930
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 8 NU credits ($9,830), and 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance ($100). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Semester/academic year students in Krakow will live with 1-4 other students in apartments. Facilities will include a kitchen, bathroom, washing machine and living and sleeping areas. Most apartments are a 15 minute tram ride or 25-30 minutes walking distance from the university.
This former capital of Poland has always been famous for itsbeauty, charm and culture. With a student population of 150,000,the city has a youthful and energetic vibe. Young and old peoplealike stroll through the main market square throughout the day andevening. Krakow is unique in its beauty; unlike most Polish cities,Krakow's structures survived WWII virtually undamaged. That iswhy Krakow is included on UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites.St. Mary's Church, with its dark blue ceiling lined with stars, andthe Wawel Castle are two of the city's most significant historicaltreasures. This lively and beautiful city is easily navigable either onfoot or using the tram system. The friendly and welcoming peopleof Poland await students in Krakow!