- Fall Semester - Early September - Late December
- Spring Semester - January - May
- Fall Semester - March 1
- Spring Semester - October 1
Study Abroad Coordinator: Daisy Biddle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students interested in a language immersion program will find the AMIDEAST, Morocco program beneficial. Students enroll in 5 hours per week of Modern Standard Arabic and 3 hours per week of Moroccan Colloquial Arabic.
Contact a Study Abroad Ambassador or alum of this program for more information!
- Charles Simpson, AMIDEAST Fall 2013; email@example.com
- Students participating in this program are required to take five courses. Students will be charged Northeastern undergraduate tuition for 16 credits. Should a student decide to transfer back a fifth course, he or she will then be charged an overload fee as defined on the Northeastern University Registrar’s website. Please note: See Cost section for additional Study Abroad fees.
- Students are required to take Modern Standard Arabic and Moroccan Arabic. The level is determined based on the placement exam students take upon arrival. Students also take 3 elective courses. Please consult the AMIDEAST webpage for more information on course offerings.
If you are interested in enrolling in a course not in our database, please send this course for evaluation.
AMIDEAST collaborates with College of Letters and Humanities, Mohammed V University-Agdal. Founded in 1917 in Rabat, Mohammed V University-Agdal is Morocco's most prestigious public university. It has over 25,000 students in its various schools, and over 10,000 in its College of Letters and Humanities.
AMIDEAST facilities are located in the Agdal neighborhood of Rabat, Morocco.
- 2 completed terms at NU, one of which may be a summer term
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Transfer students and spring admits, please contact OISP for eligibility
- Physically and emotionally prepared to spend 4-9 months in another country, and willing to adapt to a new, potentially challenging environment.
- Online OISP application
- Online AMIDEAST application: http://www.amideast.org/abroad/apply-now
Please submit the following directly to OISP:
- Photocopy of Passport ID Page
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Study Abroad Advisor Form
- Official Transcript
Fall 2014 or Spring 2015: $TBD
Includes: Northeastern University (NU) tuition for 16 NU credits (TBD), and 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance ($100). Please note that this program requires students to take five courses. Should students choose to transfer back the fifth course, the student will be liable for an additional 4 credit overload fee ($TBD). Students are responsible for all other expenses, including housing and other non-academic costs for which they will be billed directly by the program provider or host institution. Students are also responsible for arranging and purchasing their own flights.
Students live with Arabic-speaking host families or in a private dormitory residence with Moroccan students.
Set in Africa's northwest corner, Morocco is a bridge between Europe, Africa, and the Arab east. June miles separate Tangier, Morocco from the Spanish coast. The only monarchy in Arab North Africa, Morocco's culture is a blending of Amazigh (Berber), Arab, African and European influences.