Programs by Major: International Business + Traditional
Traditional | Alicante, Spain
Study Abroad Coordinator: Liz McClanahan (email@example.com)
With a population approaching 350,000, Alicante is a thriving Spanish city. Located on the Mediterranean coast, Alicante is an inviting place for students to begin their exploration of Spain or continue a previous journey. In recent times, Alicante has experienced a development boom and rapid population growth. Students will see modern architecture and Internet cafés alongside historic buildings, and shopping malls next to centuries-old open-air markets. Although fast becoming a cosmopolitan and multicultural city, Alicante retains a distinct Spanish flavor.
Students have multiple semester and summer study abroad options in Alicante.
CIEE offers two different semester program tracks for students to study abroad at the Universidad de Alicante in Alicante, Spain. The three program tracks that students can apply to include: Language and Culture, Language in Context, and Liberal Arts. Students will take courses with other study abroad students from all over the nation, as well as local students, in these courses.
Students can choose the following summer track: Summer Language and Culture. Students must enroll in both the summer I and summer II tracks in order to receive 8 NU credits. These two, four-week sessions are designed for students looking to improve their language skills and take content courses in Spanish or English. A wide selection of challenging courses, homestays, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions provide you with a unique academic and intercultural experience abroad.
Traditional | Quito, Ecuador
Study Abroad Coordinator: Daisy Biddle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Study Spanish in Ecuador and take classes in Spanish and English at a beautiful university in an incredible city. Immerse yourself in Quiteño culture and improve your Spanish-language skills at a prestigious private university in Quito, the capital of the Incas.
Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Visit volcanoes, beaches, waterfalls, rain forest, mountain villages, market towns, and more!
- Centrally located for excursions to the Amazonian jungle, the Mindo Cloudforest, the coast’s surf scene, and the legendary Galapagos Islands
- Study Spanish abroad in Ecuador
- International and local students
- Fantastic private university in Quito
- Live with a local family
- Strong on-site support from both the University and our site director
- Great, inexpensive Andean cuisine
- Thriving artisan markets throughout the city
- Community-service options and internships in the local and indigenous communities surrounding the campus
- Learn some fancy salsa moves in one of the many dance studios and then strut your stuff with impressive salseros on the dance floor
- Visit nearby ruins to learn about Quito’s importance in the Incan empire