Information for Faculty and Staff
The rise in student interest in studying abroad is reflected in our growing numbers of applicants and increased student traffic. This requires that program details are easily accessible to all those responsible for advising our students. This website will give you access to information about our programs, cost, and program dates. If you can't find what your looking for, please contact us at 617-373-5276 or email@example.com
Classroom & Department Visits
If you would like an OISP staff member to make a brief presentation in your classroom or talk to your staff about our programs, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include possible dates, time and room location in your email.
2013 Faculty-Led and Dialogue of Civilizations Program
If you are interested in leading a Dialogue of Civilizations program in summer 2013, the official forms will be posted shortly, but the steps are listed below.
- Download the forms and save them to your hard drive.
- Complete the DOC proposal form (email OISP to obtain this form)
- Complete the Itinerary form (email OISP to obtain this form)
- Complete the Budget Questionnaire (email OISP to obtain this form)
- Include syllabi for both four-credit courses.
- Submit a signed hard copy of the approval sheet in person or via interoffice mail to OISP, 403 Richards Hall.
The deadline for submitting proposals and questionnaires is September 14, 2012.
We ask that all faculty interested in leading a 2013 Dialogue of Civilizations program attend one required workshop, as many changes have been made to the proposal submission and budget process.
Dialogue of Civilizations Faculty Workshops
- Monday, August 13, 9:45-11:45am, 105 Shillman
- Wednesday, August 15, 11:45am-1:45pm, 105 Shillman
- Thursday, August 16, 1:30-3:30pm, 105 Shillman
- Tuesday, September 4, 12:30-2:30pm, 224 Hurtig
- Wednesday, September 5, 10:30am-12:30pm, 450 Dodge
Curriculum and Proposal Development Workshops
Additionally, Denis Sullivan will be holding workshops on curriculum and proposal development for all Faculty who wish to propose Dialogues for summer 2013.
This workshop is optional and it is strongly recommended for all faculty, especially new Dialogue leaders. The focus of the 1-hour workshops are:
- building and tailoring your curriculum for your Dialogue;
- sharing experiences from veteran Dialogue leaders;
- adapting curriculum and pedagogy in the context of teaching abroad;
- suggestions for appropriate amounts of assignments (reading, writing, presentations, field research, debates, service learning projects, testing, blogging, and more)
You may attend either or both of the following sessions:
September 6th, 2:00 – 3:00 pm, 030 Behrakis
September 7th, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, 030 Behrakis
Please RSVP to Ashley Ramey, email@example.com, 617-373-5310
Health and Safety Workshops
In collaboration with relevant on-campus departments, OISP will coordinate and lead two health, safety, and security workshops. Faculty leaders are required to attend these sessions as they prepare for their programs abroad.
You may attend either of both of the following sessions:
Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 10:00 - 1:00 pm, 320 Behrakis
Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:00-8:00 pm, 315 Shillman
For more information on Faculty-Led Dialogue of Civilizations programming, please contact Vasiliki Mavroudhis (617) 373-8781 or firstname.lastname@example.org.