Due to the impending winter storm, the Global Experience Office is postponing our welcome back events for this week. We'll post new dates and times for the Career Services Talk and the Welcome Back Dinner as soon as we have them.
We hope to see you then! In the meantime, stay safe and warm!
Check out www.northeastern.edu/go to view the latest Co-op opportunity - announced by President Aoun last Thursday!
- Submission deadline is Monday, November 3, at Midnight EST.
- Finalists will be announced on Wednesday, November 12.
- Optimal candidates will demonstrate a proven track record of curiosity about the world around them, creative problem solving abilities, and a capacity for networking, collaborating, and exploring.
- Every student who is eligible for one of the next three regularly scheduled co-op cycles can apply (Jan ‘15, July ‘15, or Jan ‘16).
- This position is made possible thanks to the generosity of a donor and international alumni who are willing to support the initiative.
There is still time to apply for 2015 Dialogues! Final Application Deadline is February 1st! (all programs will remain open until closed or the final deadline) To view programs please check out our 2015 Dialogue of Civilizations E Catalogue!
The GEO staff is an important resource in sending Northeastern students all over the world to study for a summer, semester or even a full year! Not sure how to begin the study abroad process? Check out the steps below:
1. Read through the GEO website
- The website contains important information regarding all of the types and locations of our programs. Start reviewing which programs seem to interest you most
2. Attend an information session
- View our Upcoming Events calendar to view when the next information session is being held. These required sessions review the entire study abroad process and are a great place to ask any questions you may have
3. Meet with a GEO coordinator
- The GEO coordinators advise by region, find out who you should meet with here. Come to walk in hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-4pm) or make an appointment via the self-service tab of myNEU
For American college students, studying abroad is an opportunity to explore a new country, sample a unfamiliar culture, and meet people from very different backgrounds. But the Federal Bureau of Investigation is worried that some of those new friends might actually be foreign spies.
The FBI has produced a new film, Game of Pawns, to warn students of the "possibility that a foreign intelligence service might try to recruit them while abroad to eventually steal secrets from the U.S. government." The half-hour movie is based—somewhat loosely—on the story of Glenn Duffie Shriver, who studied abroad in China and later was induced by intelligence officers there to apply for American government jobs.
In addition to the video, the FBI has created a resource for students abroad, which is at: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/counterintelligence/student-brochure. Many of the same considerations listed above, would also apply to use of this resource, and any others created by the FBI.
OISP is always looking for student photos and videos of their time abroad to feature on our Facebook and website. Have a photo/video you would like to share with your peers? Email this to email@example.com!
OISP is excited to announce that we will be sending nearly 600 students abroad during summer and fall 2013!
A list of the all the countries in which NU students will be studying:
Dialogue exhibit in Gallery 360
Apply to study abroad!
The Global Experience Office (GEO) is now accepting applications for our Traditional Summer and Fall 2015 programs.
Please take note of the deadline and application materials of your desired program, which will be listed on the GEO page of your program! You may turn any paper materials in to GEO in 403 Richards by the deadline and in turn, we will send them to the Host Institution!
We encourage you to attend an Info Session, Walk in hours, or schedule an appointment should you have any questions or concerns! We look forward to meeting with you!!
If you have any questions please call 617-373-5276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org