Traditional Study Abroad (Semester and Summer)
- Complete the online OISP application
Application materials must be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
- Official transcript from 120 Hayden Hall (will be sent to host institution)
Submit to OISP by the appropriate deadline.
- Upload a photocopy of the information page of your passport
Submit to OISP by the appropriate deadline. If you do not have a passport by this deadline, you must submit your copy to OISP before you go abroad.
- Host institution application
All materials must be submitted to OISP; do not mail anything to host institution! Submit required materials to OISP by the appropriate deadline. Please do not use any staples.
- Recommendation letter(s)*: If your program requires a letter of recommendation, please use form(s) provided by host institution. If your program does not provide a form, please give your faculty member the following guidelines:
- In what capacity and for what length of time have you known the applicant?
- What courses did the applicant take with you?
- Discuss the quality of academic work prepared by the student.
- Comment on the applicant's suitability for study abroad in terms of: maturity, sense of responsibility and reliability, creative ability, level of independence, social skills, and any other personal factors/special considerations that we should be aware.
- Letters should be addressed to the Office of International Study Programs.
- Please do not use any staples.
- *Please note that some programs do not require letters of recommendations. It is your responsibility to confirm if you will be required to submit a letter of recommendation.
Dialogue of Civilizations
- Online Dialogue of Civilizations application (available on OISP website and myNEU)
- $500 non-refundable program deposit paid through NUPay. Be sure to select the appropriate summer term.*
- One copy of passport ID page – to be given directly to your faculty leader after acceptance.
- 2-3 page essay answering the following questions (copy and pasted into online application)
- What are your personal and academic reasons for wishing to participate in this Dialogue of Civilizations program?
- How will the program further your academic and career goals?
- What is your previous travel and language experience, if any?
- What courses have you taken which are directly relevant to the program?
*Applications are not considered complete until deposit is received. This deposit will be applied to the full cost of the program.
**Faculty may require additional information and/or interview (after application deadline)