The practice-oriented sports leadership master’s degree is structured to accommodate mid-career athletic administrators and coaches, as well as individuals seeking to prepare for careers in the sports industry.
Developed in collaboration with Northeastern University’s Center for the Study of Sport in Society, the Master of Sports Leadership prepares you for a variety of sport-related occupations—whether it’s working with a professional or intercollegiate sports team, a fitness club or wellness organization, in marketing, communication, or sports management. Courses within this unique graduate degree examine the social and business issues that are critical to sports leadership. Offered in an online format with an intensive one-week summer institute in Boston, this practice-oriented degree provides you with a well-rounded educational experience—equipping you to advance your career in the sports industry.
- Identify your leadership styles and strengths and take steps to improve your leadership capacity
- Understand what it takes to build highly effective teams
- Obtain approaches and techniques for effectively tackling ethical dilemmas
- Explore the legal issues related to equipment use, facility management, and accommodation for special populations
- Learn how to leverage sports for greater social and economic good
- Examine the planning, scheduling, and financial issues associated with running a successful athletics program
- Discover how to use sports to foster diversity, prevent violence, and improve the health of local and global communities