Social Justice Resource Center
What is the mission statment of the SJRC?
The SJRC is an inclusive hub of innovative justice-minded thinking, collaboration and action on Northeastern’s campus that aspires to contribute to the common good.
What does the SJRC do?
- We provide a visible presence committed to social justice on Northeastern’s campus.
- We provide support to Northeastern student groups focused on social justice causes.
- We build the capacity of all students to think critically and respond effectively to social challenges.
- We provide a space for dialogue, collaboration and reflection between students, faculty and staff.
- We provide resources to the NU community about social justice theory, leaders and movements.
What are the focus areas?
Our goal is to build three core competencies:
- Critical Thinking. Become more aware of yourself, your neighbor, our society and the world.
- Collaboration. Learn life skills that are pathways to human progress and individual success.
- Collective Action. Engage around issues that promote equality and fairness in Boston and beyond.
To learn more please email us at: email@example.com.