Ph.D., Boston University
Levin is the American Sociological Association’s 2009 Winner of the “Public Understanding of Sociology” Award
Areas of Research/Interest:
• Prejudice and Hate
• Sociology of Aging
• Sociology of Conflict
Jack Levin, Blurring the Boundaries of Age: Childhood and Adulthood in an Age of Ambiguity, (Routledge, expected 2012).
James Fox and Jack Levin. The Will to Kill: Making Sense of Senseless Murger. (Allyn and Bacon, 2011).
James Fox and Jack Levin. Extreme Killing: Understanding Serial and Mass Murder. (Sage Publications, 2011).
Jack Levin and J. Nolan. The Violence of Hate. (Allyn and Bacon, 2010).
Jack Levin. Serial Killers and Sadistic Murders – Up Close and Personal. (Prometheus Books, 2008).
Jack Levin and G. Rabrenovic. Why We Hate. (Prometheus Books, 2004).
- Eastern Sociological Society (Vice President, 1994-95)
- American Sociological Association
- American Society of Criminology
- International Society of Political Psychology
- American Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
Courses Taught Undergraduate:
• SOCL 1241 Sociology of Violence and Hate | Syllabi