Service-Learning Team Managers
The Service-Learning Team Manager program is the newest student leadership development in the Service-Learning Program at NU. Piloted in spring 2014, five Service-Learning Team Managers (S-LTMs) assisted program staff by managing a small cohort of Service-Learning Teaching Assistants as the growth of Service-Learning at Northeastern continues.
Please join us in congratulating the fall 2014 S-LTMs, pictured below from left to right: Jesse Neff, Barak Soreff, Kayla Scholl, Brooke Hoger, Nikki Makwinski, and Deme Venancio.
- Must be a returning S-LTA
- Must be an S-LTA concurrent to this position
- Must attend assigned S-LTM training with other students to participate in the program
In addition to being an S-LTA, S-LTMs will take on the following responsibilities:
- Complete training module (typically 2-6 weeks before start of the semester)
- Specialized training and support from S-L Staff throughout the semester
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly meeting with entire S-L Staff
- Monthly one-on-one check-in with assigned member of S-L Staff
- Manage a cohort of S-LTAs (up to 8)
- Facilitate weekly meeting with their group of S-LTAs (during off-weeks of full group meeting)
- Address issues that arise for S-LTAs with their students/partners
- Act as a liaison between their group of S-LTAs and S-L Staff
View a detailed job description here.