- Let us know what you need and expect from a partnership.
- Let us know if there is anything about service-learning you would like to know more about.
- Provide faculty and students with a primary contact that can coordinate the students' work and/or the contact information for the direct supervisor of specific roles the students are serving in.
- Let us know about any concerns as soon as they arise so that we may address the concern with you and/or our student as soon as possible.
- If there are ways you are able to assist a student in connecting their service with your organization to what they are studying in class, we value your expertise and role of "educator" as well.
- Provide specific feedback in evaluations about how we can be a better partner to you and how we should consider restructuring elements of the service-learning program to improve the partnership.
Refresher for Community Partners - Fall 2012
Resource Purpose: to reiterate the shared partnership expectations and responsibilities of community partners and students.
Facilitating On-Site Orientations for Student Service-Learners
Resource Purpose: to ensure students and community partners gain the most out of the partner's orientation so that students can effectively contribute to the organization.
Utilizing Students for Translation Projections
Resource Purpose: to provide community partners with advice on managing translation projects with service-learning language courses.