The National Security Agency (NSA) through their public Information Assurance program has released a set of guidelines on how to keep your home (or residence hall) network and computers secure.
- Securing Windows best practices
- Securing Apple best practices
- Home network design and implementation recommendations
- Home network wireless setup
- Secure wireless use in public
- Email best practices
- Password management
- Secure web browsing and PDF reading
These tips and recommendations provide great advice to securing your home and personal information against identity thieves, criminals, and viruses.
Read the Fact Sheet: Keeping Your Home Network Secure
More information on the NSA’s: Information Assurance Mission