Oracle has released a security patch (Java 7 Update 11) to close a dangerous Java 7 security hole discovered last week.
If you have Java installed update NOW. To check if Java is installed go to Java.com and select “Do I have Java.” If you do not have Java installed you do not need to install the update.
Download and Install the Update:
- Go to Java.Com and select “Download Free Java”
- Select “Agree and Start Free Download”
- Open the downloaded install file
- Follow the install prompts to install Java: UNCLICK “Install the Ask Toolbar and Make Ask my default search provider”
Call the Service Desk at 617-373-4357 for assistance.
If you do not require Java for regular web browsing US-CERT recommends either uninstalling Java from your computer or disable Java in the web browser.
From Sophos.Com: Instructions on how to disable Java from your web browser.
- How to disable Java in Internet Explorer
- How to disable Java in Firefox
- How to disable Java in Chrome
- How to disable Java in Safari
- How to disable Java in Opera
More Information and Related Links: