The Mac firewall checks all incoming network traffic to help block criminals and malware from connecting to your computer. Enabling the firewall is an essential step in preventing harm occurring to your computer.
Please contact the Service Desk if you need assistance enabling your firewall.
Enable the Mac OS Firewall
- Open ‘System Preferences’
- Select ‘Security’
- Choose ‘Firewall’
- Click the padlock and enter the administrative password
- Click ‘Start’ to turn on the firewall.
- Select ‘Allow’ for the applications you want to access the Internet
- Check the box ‘Automatically allow signed software to received incoming connections’
- Check the box ‘Enable stealth mode’