How do I protect myself from phishing emails?
- Do not respond to or forward the phishing email
- Do not send your password or other personal information via email. Northeastern will never ask for your password in an email. Banks will not ask you for your social security or bank account number in an email.
- Only sign into your account if you are sure you are on a real site. Watch out for fake URLs such as www.bankofa.merica.com (notice the period between the a and m)
- Do not click on any links in the email
- Do not open attachments in emails unless you are expecting the attachment and are sure of the sender.
- Delete all suspected phishing emails.
- If you are unsure of an email call the Service Desk at 617-373-4375