Master of Sports Leadership
Summer: July 5, 2016
Fall: Sept. 19, 2016
Winter: Jan. 9, 2017
Designed for mid-career athletic administrators, coaches and individuals seeking careers in the sports industry, the Master of Sports Leadership is a practice-oriented graduate degree examining the social and business issues that are critical to sports.
The program’s curriculum, developed in collaboration with Northeastern University’s Center for the Study of Sport in Society, focuses on areas such as leadership, law, media relations, management, and the role of society as they relate to sports. In addition, elective courses within the Master of Sports Leadership cover a range of topics, from fundraising and event management to corporate sponsorships and sports marketing. The program culminates with a graduate project or internship, providing you with practical experience you may apply to your current or future professional career.
- Identify your leadership styles and strengths and take steps to improve your leadership capacity
- Understand what it takes to build highly effective teams
- Obtain approaches and techniques for effectively tackling ethical dilemmas
- Explore the legal issues related to equipment use, facility management, and accommodation for special populations
- Learn how to leverage sports for greater social and economic good
- Examine the planning, scheduling, and financial issues associated with running a successful athletics program
- Discover how to use sports to foster diversity, prevent violence, and improve the health of local and global communities
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.