Master of Science in Technical Communication
Winter: Jan. 9, 2017
Spring: April 10, 2017
Summer: July 10, 2017
Focused on developing, writing, and organizing technical content for specific audiences, the Master of Science in Technical Communication is designed for technical writers and communicators or those looking to break into the field with a passion for technical communications.
This master’s program evaluates different ways to present technical information and documentation using a variety of prose styles and presentation principles. Courses emphasize enhancing your skills in developing and editing technical content, while understanding the editor’s role in technical publications through the lens of legal, cultural, and ethical interpretations.
Offered fully online, the Master of Science in Technical Communication has two concentrations, biomedical writing or computer industry writing, giving you the flexibility to focus on your specific technical communication industry.
- Strengthen your ability to write clear and accurate technical information
- Learn how to create end-user and developer documentation
- Build on your editing skills to effectively edit both your work and the work of others
- Understand the legal, ethical, and cultural issues pertaining to technical communication
- Become familiar with the latest tools in the technical communication workplace
- Discover how to design and create technical information for specific audiences
- Acquire usability, user experience, instructional design, and content strategy techniques that are often required in this increasingly diverse field
- Learn the nature and practical application of working within globally dispersed teams
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.