Master of Science in Nonprofit Management
Designed for individuals who wish to pursue a management or leadership position in the nonprofit sector, the Master of Science in Nonprofit Management offers a comprehensive perspective on the social, legal, cultural, and organizational issues that impact today’s nonprofit organizations.
Integrating theoretical approaches with practical application, the program’s core curriculum covers areas such as nonprofit law, finance, fundraising, human resources, and grant and report writing. Complementing the core courses are degree concentrations in areas such as global studies, human services, leadership, organizational communication, project management, social media, and sports, allowing you to connect your studies with personal and career learning objectives.
- Explore leadership practices that contribute to organizational success
- Understand legal and governance issues in nonprofit organizations
- Hone your fundraising skills, including grant and proposal writing
- Recognize important social, organizational, and cultural change agents
- Discover traditional and nontraditional ways to promote nonprofits to supporters, the public, and the media
- Analyze national and international trends, issues, and political shifts affecting the nonprofit marketplace
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.
The Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management focuses on developing skills in organizational management, financial management, fundraising, grant and report writing, human resources management, and governance. The program integrates theoretical approaches with practical application to prepare students for positions in either small or large nonprofit organizations. The program targets individuals who work in the non-profit sector as executive directors, managers, program staff, board members, and volunteers.