Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Winter: Jan. 9, 2017
Spring: April 10, 2017
Summer: July 10, 2017
Designed for professionals in law enforcement, public courts, private security, and corrections organizations, the Master of Science in Criminal Justice provides a path to excellence for leaders in criminal justice.
The program’s core curriculum covers areas such as leadership theories and practices, legal decision making, current and emerging anticrime strategies, and the theoretical, ethical, and constitutional foundations of American criminal justice institutions. Beyond the core curriculum, students complete operational courses focused on management, planning, finance, and research.
Supplementing the curriculum are concentrations in the areas of Community and Family Justice, Corrections Management, Leadership, and Security, allowing you to gain content-specific expertise in your area of interest.
- Gain a better understanding of the increasingly complex criminal justice environment
- Understand the short- and long-term benefits of ethical decision making
- Identify and apply leadership theories and practices that contribute to the commitment of an effective, efficient, and equitable administration of public safety
- Build a personal model of leadership that can be put into action in the workplace
- Evaluate major substantive topics and criminal behavior trends, including street violence, gangs, guns, drugs, human trafficking, terrorism, and cyber crime
- Examine current and emerging anticrime strategies such as community policing, intelligence-led policing, and multijurisdictional intelligence fusion operations.
- Discover how technology can be utilized to prevent and respond to criminal activity
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.