Master of Science in Commerce and Economic Development
Summer: July 5, 2016
Fall: Sept. 19, 2016
Winter: Jan. 9, 2017
Designed for mid-career professionals and individuals interested in economic development, commerce, or international trade—the Master of Science in Commerce and Economic Development provides a foundation in the financial, regulatory, and economic environments and institutions that affect the global economy and international trade.
Core curriculum within this master’s degree program covers micro- and macroeconomic theory, applied mathematics and statics, and economic development theory. Beyond the program’s core courses, students may select elective courses covering areas such as law, the environment, ecommerce, and culture as they relate to economics.
Integrating economics, leadership, institutional organization, technology, and public policy, this master’s degree is delivered in online and hybrid formats, allowing you to maintain work and life commitments while attending school.
- Translate economic theory and classroom materials into core competencies
- Apply quantitative skills in the areas of economics, economic theory, policy analysis and research
- Learn to set prices and output levels
- Use conceptual and mathematical tools to examine fluctuations in employment, prices, and economic growth
- Develop skills in data collection, estimation, and results interpretation
- Apply theories of economic growth, technology, structural changes, industrialization, factor proportions and prices, trade, population, and income distribution
- Evaluate labor markets and the role of human capital
- Assess how art, culture, and entertainment impact economic development
- Analyze the impact of environmental resources on commerce and economic development
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.