Master of Professional Studies in Informatics
Focused on designing organizational problem-solving and support systems for decision making, the Master of Professional Studies in Informatics is designed to help make working professionals adept in computing applications across a variety of industries.
Covering tools to strategically manage computer systems and networks, this fully online program examines protocols and standards for you to understand, manage, research, and design programming projects that convey information effectively. The Master of Professional Studies in Informatics is offered in two concentrations, information security management and geographic information systems, helping prepare you for management positions in your specific industry.
If now is not the right time for you to enroll in a Northeastern University–Seattle master’s degree program, but you know that advanced study will enhance your skills and career potential, consider our graduate certificate programs.
Keep pace with the latest advances in your field. Develop new skills and insights. Discover how Northeastern University’s global network of active, committed professionals keeps you Networked for Advancement. Plus, apply your certificate credits to the related Northeastern master’s degree program when the time is right!
Information Security Management
The Information Security Management Graduate Certificate provides a conceptual and practical overview of Information Security Management. It begins with an overview of key information security management issues and principles. It presents security governance challenges including the policy, law, regulatory, ethical accountability frameworks that information security risk managers must work within. The program includes review courses that prepare students for the CISSP and CISA exams.
- Gain a strategic framework for aligning competitive strategies, core competencies, and information systems
- Examine concepts, architectures, protocols, standards, and security models for digital networks
- Acquire tools and techniques for effectively managing small, medium, and large programming projects
- Learn how to adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to research and analysis
- Understand what is required to research, identify, design, implement, secure, and manage technology
- Explore cutting-edge software principles and programming techniques
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.