Master of Professional Studies in Geographic Information Technology
Understanding and visualizing geographic data that solve problems and identify and interpret patterns are essential to succeed in positions such as surveyors, mapping analysts, GIT developers, and photogrammetrists. This field requires the analysis of cartographic principles and recognizing the impact on economic, ethical, and legal issues as they relate to geographic information.
Designed to give you a hands-on approach, the Master of Professional Studies in Geographic Information Technology builds your educational foundation in database development, system implementation, remote sensing, and spatial recognition using GIS software and tools.
Offered fully online, this program allows you to concentrate on geographic information systems or a combination of courses to focus on specific processes in government, natural resource management, public health, transportation, environmental engineering, conservation, urban planning, and real estate development.
- Provide hands-on experience with software from ESRI, the industry leader in GIS
- Improve the understanding of Internet GIS
- Explore the fundamentals of remote sensing
- Secure foundational skills in project management, system implementation, database development, and implementation
- Evaluate the theoretical, mathematical, and computational foundations of GIS
- Learn to effectively interpret and apply geographic information
- Analyze cartographic principles
- Study the legal, economic, and ethical issues associated with GIS
- Examine practical applications of GIS to support geographic inquiry and decision making
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.