UAS Review Board at Northeastern University
The Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Review Board is responsible to review, approve and monitor the use or proposed use of UAS’s, also known as unmanned aerial vehicles and drones, on University property for any reason, including for educational/research, recreational or commercial purposes.
In reviewing applications for use of UAS on University property, the Review Board follows guidance from the University Policy on Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) a.k.a. “Drones,” the University’s Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) Guidelines and Use Restrictions developed by the Office of Risk Services, as well as FAA regulations.
For any question or concerns regarding this process, please contact the UAS Review Board at UASRB@northeastern.edu.
Policy and Guidelines
The Review Board reports to Ralph Martin, SVP and General Counsel; The current member representatives are:
- Taskin Padir, CoE (Chair)
- David Kimbro, CoS
- Brian Helmuth, CoS
- Peter Boynton, KRI/ICBM
- Jeff Seo, Research Compliance
- Michael Dwyer, NUPD
- Jack Price, EH&S
- Sonya Ross, Risk Management
- Barbara Healy Smith OGC/Compliance (nonvoting)
- Rob Leahy, OGC (nonvoting)
- Other “As Needed” representatives from MarCom, Facilities/Athletics, Student Involvement, and Residence Halls