Insurance & Claims
It should always be reported when an injury or illness occurs on campus, regardless of the severity. To report an injury, fill out the injury_report_form and send it to the Claims Manager at 122 SS or via fax at X8996.
The Office of Risk Services handles two types of injury claims:
- Work-related injuries
- Non-work related injuries
Both are equally important to report.
Injury Reporting is Important
One of the primary roles of our office is to seek to provide a safe environment on our campus.
Regardless of the severity of an injury, there are fundamental reasons for alerting the Office of Risk Services when an injury occurs on campus.
- The Office of Risk Services and the Office of Environmental Health and Safety want and need to know what happens around campus that may place someone in harms way.
- By analyzing patterns on-campus, we may be able to identify a potential trouble area before a significant accident or injury occurs.
- Just because one person falls without getting seriously injured the next to fall on the same hazard may not be so lucky.
- Information on workplace injuries and illnesses is reported to the government. If workplace injuries and illnesses are reported sporadically, our data from year to year will be inconsistent, while consistent reporting practices will provide useful and accurate information about the working environment on campus.