The RISE Expo is followed by the Reach Awards Reception where we will recognize the students’ exceptional research.
Outstanding Student Research Awards
These awards are given in the following categories for one undergraduate and one graduate winner:
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Humanities and Arts
- Interdisciplinary Topics, Centers and Institutes
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Social Sciences, Business and Law
Best Video Pitch Award
Due to the importance of the Video Pitch, we have increased the award amount. The winner of Best Video Pitch will receive a $1000 cash award.
RISE Awards will be presented to those showing excellence in:
- Research – $1,000 awarded to students who display excellent procedure and method in their exploration and study
- Innovation – $1,000 awarded to students who discover novel and revolutionary inventions or processes and that can be translated into real-world applications or has practical implications
- Scholarship – $1,000 awarded to students who display an academic breakthrough in a particular branch or filed
- Entrepreneurship (People’s Choice) – $5,000 awarded to students who display research with the greatest entrepreneurial potential. The People’s Choice Award is the presentation that receives the most RISE investment dollars during the Expo from attendees.