Program is full. ASL and Spanish Immersion Programs will be held June 27-30, 2013 in beautiful Puerto Rico.
Attention ASL/Spanish/English Interpreters: If you would like to be listed in the Directory of Interpreters Working in Spanish Influenced Settings, please visit Mano a Mano’s homepage and click on the “Join the Interpreter Directory” link. This nationwide directory was developed through collaboration between Mano a Mano and the National Task Force on Trilingual Interpreting to assist with connecting local trilingual interpreters and businesses in need of their services.
National Task Force on Trilingual Interpreting Projects
In early 2011, the National Task Force on Trilingual Interpreting was established. Comprised of 14 representatives from the Latino Deaf Community, trilingual interpreting community, and the National Consortium of Interpreter Education Centers, the Task Force is charged with increasing the number of qualified interpreters able to interpret between English, ASL and Spanish. It will accomplish this goal by enhancing leadership and awareness, determining effective practices around trilingual interpreting and providing educational opportunities and resources. Over a five-year period, the Task Force will actively guide the work of the following projects:
- Development and implementation of leadership training for trilingual interpreters and Latino Deaf individuals
- Publication of a vetted slate of competencies and skills specific to English/Spanish/ASL interpreting. Activities include conducting focus groups, completing a literature review, reviewing curricula and related materials, and distributing surveys
- Provision of technical assistance and resources to trilingual stakeholders and interpreter educators regarding trilingual interpreting. Activities include a dedicated webpage, presentations at conferences and translation of key interpreter education materials
- Development of new trilingual interpreting curricula
- Determination of the feasibility of ASL and Spanish Immersion programs
- Availability of online and onsite trilingual interpreter training
- Publication of a Standard Practice Paper and other articles that define and promote trilingual interpreting
Task Force resources, activities, and updates will be provided on the Mano a Mano website.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-26323604-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);