Every year, the Helen Keller National Center offers training for interpreters on interpreting strategies for individuals who are Deaf-Blind. NURIEC offers $250 honorarium to interpreters, both Deaf and hearing, from the region who attend the training and successfully gather a group of colleagues, Deaf consumers, and other stakeholders for a one-hour presentation/discussion on key learnings and distribute materials from the training. Deadline to apply for NURIEC support is April 25, 2014
To apply for NURIEC support to attend this training, please complete this online application.
|Please click here to download an official flyer with detailed information about the training.||
This training seminar is open to all.
Registration Deadline May 16, 2014
For anyone interested in attending the seminar, here is a downloadable application.
Important dates for 2014 training:
- If applying for NURIEC support, deadline to complete online application is April 25, 2014.
- Training Registration Deadline for all is May 30, 2014
- Part I (Online): May 30 – June 13, 2014
- Part II (On-Site*): June 15-18, 2014
- *On-site is at the Helen Keller National Center in Sands Point, NY
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-26323604-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);