Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities
Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA) include activities that an interpreter/transliterator wishes to attend but which are not offered by an RID approved sponsor. The activity must be sponsored by an organization with specific known standards and must have a specific format, educational objectives and purpose.
Please note that RID policy states that if one CMP approved sponsor is already offering CEUs for an event, you may not request CEUs through another sponsor.
Benefits of Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities:
- Makes almost any activity an opportunity to earn CEUs
- Enables you to find activities suited to what you want to study
What Qualifies as a PINRA?
- Audited college courses
- Non-credit courses at an educational institution
- Corporate trainings
- Community education
- School district in-services
- Organizational conventions/workshops
Steps to Complete a PINRA
- Obtain information about the conference, workshop or seminar you want to attend.
- Contact Bonnie Kaplan at email@example.com AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR to the commencement of the activity.
- If you have any questions, Bonnie will discuss the PINRA with you to determine whether it is CEU-worthy and how many CEUs can be awarded for the activity.
- Click on the link PINRA Form and complete the PINRA form online. Please keep in mind that PINRAs must be approved before the start of the activity.
- Attend the conference or seminar and be sure to get a verification of attendance.
- Send the proof of attendance preferably via email to Bonnie once the activity is completed. You can do this by scanning your proof of attendance document and emailing it as an attachment. Then, submit a non-refundable $10 CEU processing fee online safely and securely by clicking here: PINRA Payment Form. Please note that Safari browser has been problematic when processing payment. Please use Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome.
If you have any questions, please email Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeastern University Regional Interpreter Education Center is an approved RID sponsor for participant initiated CEUs. Sponsorship is subject to NURIEC approval of activity, and limited to interpreters residing in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, the US Virgin Islands, and Vermont.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-26323604-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);