If you have never registered your device before
There are two options when it comes to registering your device for wired or wireless.
- Bring your device along with power cable and any controllers or remotes down to ResNet. We will then register you for either wired, wireless, or both. Estimated Time: 10 min.
- Email the following information to ResNet@neu.edu:
- A clear photograph or screenshot of your device’s MAC address
- The MAC Address written into the email (optional but appreciated)
- Your name
- HuskyMail address
- Building/Room/Phone #
- Type of Device to Be Registered
- Whether you want the device to be registered for wireless, wired, or both
If you have registered in a past semester
If you have registered in a past semester, and this is the same device as one previously registered, you only need to go to the registration student portal at http://registerresnet.neu.edu and hit “register” next to the entry for your console.
The MAC address will always be twelve characters consisting only of the letters A-F and the numbers 0-9, separated by “:” or “-” into six groups of two, e.g. 00:AA:BB:11:22:CC or 0A:1B:2C:3D:4E:5F
You can find the MAC address for the following devices:
Go to main menu and select Settings.
The MAC addresses will appear as either “Wireless ID” or “Ethernet ID”
Look at the bottom or side of the device, it should be printed there.
If not, go to the home screen and select settings.
Select about. The Wireless and Wired (Ethernet) addresses should appear.
Amazon Fire TV stick:
Select Network. The MAC addresses will appear here.
Vizio Smart TV:
Select Network under settings.
Select Manual Set Up. The wired and wireless MAC addresses will appear here.
Samsung Smart TV:
Select Network settings.
Choose Network status. The MAC addresses is the first option.