First, make sure the Network settings for the PlayStation 3 are correct.
- Select “Network Settings” under “Settings” in the XMB (Cross-Media-Bar) menu, and press the X button.
- Select Internet “Connection Settings,” and press the X button.
- You will be prompted with a message stating that the Internet connection will be terminated. Select “Yes,” and press the X button.
- Select “Wired Connection,” press the X button.
- Select “Easy” and the basic settings are automatically set.
Once the Network settings are properly configured, you can register the PlayStation 3 through its Internet browser.
- Connect a network cable from the PlayStation 3 to a network jack in the wall.
- Open the PlayStation 3 internet browser and press the Start button.
- Type in the URL “registerresnet.neu.edu” and press the Start button.
- On the registration page, enter your MyNEU username and password.
- Enter your contact phone number where indicated.
- Read the Appropriate Use Policy.
- Accept the Appropriate Use Policy by clicking “Yes, I agree.”
To complete registration, you will need to shut down the PlayStation 3 and wait five minutes before turning it back on.