Registering your Playstation for wired/wireless
There are two options when it comes to registering your Playstation for wired or wireless.
- Bring your Playstation along with the controller and power cable down to ResNet. We will then register you for either wired, wireless, or both. Estimated Time: 10 min.
- Email the following information to ResNet@neu.edu:
- A clear photograph or screenshot of your Playstation’s MAC address
- The MAC Address written into the email (optional but appreciated)
- Your name
- HuskyMail address
- Building/Room/Phone #
- Type of Device to Be Registered
- Whether you want the Playstation to be registered for wireless, wired, or both
The MAC address will always be twelve characters consisting only of the letters A-F and the numbers 0-9, separated by “:” or “-” into six groups of two, e.g. 00:AA:BB:11:22:CC or 0A:1B:2C:3D:4E:5F
The MAC address can be found the following way:
Go to “Settings” on the Cross Media Bar (XMB) and select “System Settings.”
Scroll down and select “System Information.”
Your MAC Address will be the first item listed.
Once you have this MAC address, you may proceed to register your PS3.
Turn on your Playstation 4 without any disk in the drive and wait for the menu to pop up.
Navigate to the “Settings” icon (located on the far left).
Select the “System” icon under the Settings menu.
Select “System Information.”
You will see your MAC address (LAN cable and Wi-Fi) listed on this screen.