New Student/Transfer Application Process
Review the following residential housing information and complete the steps below.
- Complete the housing application online at www.myNEU.neu.edu.
If you do not have Internet access, call Housing & Residential Life. (617) 373-2814 (voice), (800) 240-ROOM, (617) 373-8794 Fax, (617) 373-4019 TTY and e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be asked to accept the terms and condition of the 2011 - 2012 Residence Hall and License Agreement before being allowed to complete your housing application. (This agreement commits you to live on campus for specified number of semesters. Failure to sign this contract prior to or upon check-in at your residence hall may lead to cancellation of you or housing privileges.)
- Answer the roommate compatibility questions as honestly and as accurately as possible, as they will be used to determine your roommate assignment(s). Please note you can change your questions on your compatibility up to May 1st. If you are changing your roommate request, you must inform Housing & Residential Life in writing at email@example.com. For transfer students beginning in September, these changes must be received by May 1, 2011.
- Roommates: You may request a specific roommate by providing both their names and myNEU user-name on your housing application. If you are requesting more the one roommate, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's names and NUID#. We will need the roommates to do to the same, so we know that his is a mutual request.
- Theme Housing for Transfer and Upperclass Students: You may request residence in Living Learning Community ( LLC, see information by linking to "Living and Learning Experience" and if you have additional questions, please e-mail LLC@neu.edu If you are requesting both a roommate and a theme hall, the roommate must also select and be eligible for the same theme hall; otherwise, the roommate choice will take precedence over the theme hall request.
- Accessibility: Please indicate any need for accessible housing on the housing application (examples include wheelchair access, lowered counter/desk heights, and strobe light alarms), and submit supporting documentation to the Disability Resource Center. For more information about Disability Resource Center, please go to DRC.neu.edu.
- Smoking: All smoking is prohibited in the all the halls.