If you have decided the RA position is right for you, the next step is to apply!
Please take a look at the application pointers before starting your application. Keep in mind that the application process includes completion of the online application, and two recommendation forms.
Before beginning the application, please follow the directions on the first page to setup an account. This will ensure you can save and return to your application.
If you are selected to move on in the process, you will have to attend both an individual interview and a group process before the final decisions are made. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are looking for strong student leaders on campus. Part of being a strong leader is being able to present yourself in the best possible light. We have assembled some pointers to help you in completing your application packet. Please take some time to review these before submitting your application.
- Before submitting your application, check for spelling and grammar mistakes. Spell checking programs do not catch every mistake. Read your essays aloud to see if it sounds right.
- Complete every item in the application. If the question does not apply to you write “NA” or “Does not apply.”
- Do not use acronyms. For example, “LASO” should be “Latin American Student Organization.”
- When determining who to ask to complete a recommendation form for you, you should consider how reliable and motivated that person is in being your reference. Find people who you know will submit the reference of you on time.
- Inform your references as to when the forms are due. A completed application includes your recommendation forms and should be submitted by the deadline.
- Give a copy of the RA position description to your references so they know how to evaluate you based on the requirements of the RA position.
Two recommendation forms are needed to complete your application. On the application, you will be asked to input the email addresses of your two references. Upon submission of your application, your references will automatically be sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. This email will also inform your reference whether or not you have chosen to waive your rights to inspect the form after it has been completed
All recommendation forms must be received by 11:59pm on Sunday, January 4, 2015.
For your information, references will be asked to comment on the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- Please circle what you consider to be the candidate’s top three strengths of the list qualities: Adequately express him/herself, Communicate in a group, Act as a role model, Take initiative, Be dependable, Be flexible/deal with change, Be accepting of difference, Manage stress
- Please comment on how the candidate has demonstrated his/her strengths you indicated.
- Please provide any further information you wish to share with us about this candidate.
Be sure to check out our application pointers before completing your application.
In addition to the online application, all candidates must:
To begin your application, please follow this link: New Resident Assistant Application 2014-2015
- Have two (2) recommendation forms filled out.
- Submit to a criminal background check (paperwork is provided at the time of an interview)