Summer Open Buildings
The Summer Terms are open to a broader audience:
- Full-time Northeastern students in classes or on co-op.
- Full-time Northeastern students taking a part-time course load at Northeastern for the summer.
- Full-time Northeastern students with the summer “off” who are working full-time (on or off campus) and wish to live on campus.
- Non-Northeastern students who are taking 2 or more courses at Northeastern during the summer and who are listed under “Special Student” status.
New Summer I Assignment & Selection Information
We are pleased to announce an adjustment to our Summer I selection process. We have taken student feedback related to required moves from semester to semester seriously and have developed a summer assignment process designed to minimize the disruptions caused by multiple moves.
1. If your fall assignment is in a building that is designated open for the summer, we will assign you to that space for the summer semesters (if available). We will complete that assignment process on Monday, March 16.
2. If your spring semester assignment is in a building that is designated open for the summer, you will remain in that space only when one of the following is true:
a) You are not currently scheduled to live on campus for Fall 2015
b) Your Fall space is either in a Summer closed building or not available
Please note: If you have a compelling reason why your Summer I assignment is not in your best interest, you may contact us (email@example.com) by Friday, March 20.
For those being assigned and have a roommate preference: If you would like to choose a roommate(s), you may take part in the pull-in day during Housing Selection on March 31 between 8AM and 7PM.
3. If your current on campus assignment is in a building scheduled to close for summer 2015 OR you are returning from being off campus during spring semester, you will need to take part in the Summer I Housing Selection process
Pull-in Selection process: If you have a friend that will have a Summer I vacancy in their room or apartment within an open building, they may pull you in. The pull-in day is March 31 between 8AM and 7PM.
Here is the Summer I 2015 Roommate Pull-In Process Step-by-step Guide. Please pay close attention to the detailed instructions.
Group Selection – On Wednesday, April 1st you will be able to select as a group and fill-in available apartments.
General Selection – On Thursday, April 2nd you will be able to select as an individual, on your own, from all remainingn vacancies.
Here is the Summer I 2015 General Selection Process Step-by-step Guide. Please pay close attention to the detailed instructions.
Housing Assignment letters for Summer I semester will be e-mailed on April 3rd.
The NUterm community will be in International Village for summer 2015. The rates for the NUterm semester are as follows:
- Semi-private Suite Style - International Village Single: $2,475
- Semi-private Suite Style - International Village Double: $2,118
Summer 2015 Information (For reference purposes only)
If you have a deposit in for Summer I 2015, we will be contacting you at the end of March with selection instructions. This process is separate from the Fall/Spring Lottery process and cannot be started until that process has been completed. If you are inquiring about Summer II housing, place a deposit before April 15th and we will reach out to you with selection information during Summer I. Summer rates are also subject to a $16 Residence Hall Activity Fee.
Students remaining in on campus housing from one semester to the next have a continuous contract. Continuous contract students may remain on campus between semesters. Current and future residence directors will reach out to students who need to move between semesters via their Husky email regarding the move-to-from process
The following buildings are scheduled to be open for student use during the Summer of 2015:
|Building||Standard Studio Single||Standard Single Bedroom||Standard Studio Double||Standard Double Bedroom||Economy Single Bedroom||Economy Double Bedroom||Economy Triple Bedroom|
|331 Huntington(Grad only)||$2,360|
|335 Huntington (Law only)||$3,300|
|Building||Enhanced Studio Single||Enhanced Single Bedroom||Enhanced Studio Double||Enhanced Double Bedroom|
|768 Columbus (Law only)||$3,915|
|Davenport A Commons||$3,013||$2,703|
|West Village A - South||$3,013||$2,703|
|West Village C||$3,013||$2,703|
|West Village E||$3,225||$3,013||$2,625||$2,703|
|West Village H (not 21+ in the summer)||$3,013||$2,703|
*Standard studios do not have living rooms
Air Conditioner Rental
Please come to Speare Commons with your Credit/Debit Card and NUID to rent an air conditioning unit. A/Cs can be rented in any non-enhanced building where central A/C is not already provided.
A/C rates for this Summer 2015 will be available shortly.
There is no consolidation housing offered between the end of Summer II 2015 (August 25th) and September 1st. If you are moving off campus at the end of Summer II, you must make the appropriate arrangements and secure your own space at the start of August 1 (where you will qualify for proration) or by the final date of Summer housing on August 25th. There are no exceptions as our move-in cycle begins promptly after Summer II.