Below is some basic information you will need to get you started on this exciting endeavor.
1) First, are you eligible to be a Principal Investigator?
- All NU faculty are automatically eligible, all others must request temporary PI status. Please access the temporary principal investigator form.
2) Choose a funding opportunity
- Where do you want to apply? Do you have an agency in mind or do you need to find an opportunity?
- ORAF's funding opportunity page lists various search engines that can assist you.
3) Once you have your opportunity in hand, get familiar with the proposal requirements.
- Read the directions, most proposals are rejected simply because the directions were not followed correctly!
- Is it being submitted electronically? Make sure you download any application forms (ie: grants.gov kits) and fill them out in anticipation of submitting to our office (by emailing them to your grant officer)
- Need help filling out those pesky forms? Check out our fact sheet: NU Quick Facts
- Need help with your budget? Click here
4) With our Flexible e-Submission approach, proposal preparation is based on the users preferred method. Visit our Proposal Prep webpage for more details on submitting your application.
- Questions about Coeus and ePaws should be directed to RDOSTfirstname.lastname@example.org