Grants.gov Application Packages
The legacy PDF application package will be retired on December 31, 2017, this method is being replaced with Grants.gov Workspace.
If submitting a NSF or NIH proposal register with NIH Commons or NSF FastLane, as applicable. To register contact Doris Suazo-Smith.
- Apply using Grants.gov Workspace
- If visiting the SF424 package, download Adobe Reader software at: Adobe homepage. You can also go to the grants.gov download page to get the Adobe Reader, or to check if the version of Reader you already have is compatible with grants.gov.
- Find application package at grants.gov. Note that the Download Legacy PDF Application package option to apply retires December 31, 2017.
- Download application to hard drive using SAVE button on first page of application package.
- Print and read application instructions found on grants.gov web site and at agency’s web site. Application Filing Name is last name of PI and short title of proposal. All yellow fields must be filled out. All other fields must be filled out as indicated in the funding opportunity announcement and in the agency’s proposal guidelines. All attachments are in PDF format.
Note that the Download Legacy PDF Application Package option to apply retires December 31, 2017. After the retirement date, apply using Grants.gov Workspace.
Complete this form first - it populates other forms
Organizational DUNS no. 001423631 Applicant Information: Northeastern University Department: leave blank Division: Research Administration and Finance Street1: 360 Huntington Avenue, 960RP Street2: leave blank City: Boston County: Suffolk State: MA ZIP/Postal Code: 02115-5005 Contact person: Dana Carroll Phone Number: 617-373-5600 Fax Number: 617-373-4595 E-Mail: ORAF@neu.edu EIN number: 1041679980A1 for NIH 041679980 for all others
- Field 12: N/A for NIH proposals
- Field 14:Congressional District for Northeastern University: MA-007
- Field 15:
PI information with department address. For NIH proposals this information should match your PI profile in Commons.
- Field 19:
Authorized Representative: Dana Carroll, Associate Vice Provost of Research. Use firstname.lastname@example.org as the email address.
- Field 21:
Additional list of Congressional Districts if needed.
You must completely fill in first budget period before you can add information to the next period.
Budget Justification must be attached in Year 1 in order to move to next year. It only needs to be uploaded once – you can edit it after the budget is complete. Example
Northeastern University equipment cap is equal to or greater than $1,500.
Use the current information on indirect cost rates and fringe benefit rates available at our Policies & Guidelines webpage.
Section H. - Cognizant Federal Agency is DHHS, Michael Stanco, (212) 264-2069.
Even though COEUS will not be used to submit your proposal, it is still used internally to route it for approvals. Please work with your Department's Grant Administrator or Grant Officer at ORAF to complete and route your proposal and email your completed grants.gov application package to your Grant Officer.