1) Are you eligible to be a Principal Investigator?
Faculty with the following titles are automatically eligible:
- Research Professor
- Associate Professor
- Associate Research Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Assistant Research Professor
Those without the aforementioned titles must use the Temporary PI Status Request Form above
2) Get familiar with the proposal requirements:
- Read the directions, most proposals are rejected simply because the directions were not followed correctly!
- Is it being submitted electronically? Make sure you download any application forms (ie: grants.gov kits) and fill them out in anticipation of submitting to our office (by emailing them to your grant officer)
- Need help filling out those pesky forms? Check out our fact sheet: NU Fact Sheet
3) Fill out the Proposal Processing Form (This is NU’s internal form that gathers all pertinent info regarding your proposal, along with all the correct approval signatures) or even better, use COEUS!