School and College
Majors in the D’Amore-McKim School of Business
Note: The criteria below are in addition to the GPA and advisor-discussion criteria outlined on the changing-majors main page.
The D’Amore-McKim School of Business has the following deadlines for applications to join its majors:
- Business Administration major: The deadline is one week before registration for the term of entry (e.g., Nov. 11, 2013, for entry in Spring Semester, 2014). Applications received after the deadline will be considered for entry in the subsequent term (e.g., an application received in December, 2013 would be considered for entry in Fall Semester, 2014).
- International Business major: The application deadlines are November 15 for spring entry and April 15 for fall entry.
Business Administration (BSBA)
Students who have an overall GPA of 2.800 or higher and a C or better in any business requirements taken before entering the D’Amore-McKim School of Business (including economics, English, and calculus) will be directly admitted into the BSBA program.
Students with a GPA of 2.000–2.799 will be admitted for a provisional semester. Provisional admission occurs only for the fall and spring semesters. Students will work with the transfer advisor to choose four courses (4 credits each) to be taken during the provisional semester. Students must earn a current-term GPA of 3.000 (for the provisional semester only) with no grade below a C in any of the business courses. Business courses may not be taken on a pass/fail basis. In addition, students who are provisionally admitted are required to meet with a career counselor in Career Services to explore their interests, skills, and career options.
International Business (BSIB)
Students will be admitted for a provisional semester if they have an overall QPA of 3.0 or higher (as required for all BSIB students); have earned a C or better in the following course or equivalent:
|MATH 1231 Calculus for Business and Economics (4 SH)
also have earned a C or better in any business requirements taken before entering the D’Amore-McKim School of Business (including economics and English); are not beyond first semester sophomore status; and meet the following language requirements:
- Students must take the appropriate language placement exam administered by the World Language Center.
- Students must be able to continue into the level of language course required for their semester.
- Students with more than 32 semester hours of credit must test into at least the intermediate level of the language of their track.
Students who complete the provisional semester and maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business courses will be admitted to the BSIB program. Note that all students in the BSIB must maintain a minimum 3.000 GPA overall and in their business and language courses throughout the program.